As part of National Nutrition Month's Eat with Color theme, below is an ORANGE recipe to help increase the orange foods you eat.
Salmon Burger Recipe
Makes 4 salmon burgers
- 15 oz can wild Alaskan Salmon
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- Drain and remove all skin and bones from canned salmon.
- Mix salmon with onion, bread crumbs, and lemon juice and zest.
- Blend in eggs and form into 4 equal sized patties.
- Put in the refrigerator for at least an hour to help patties keep their shape.
- Cook salmon burgers on non-stick skillet over medium heat until golden brown on both sides (about 4-5 minutes per side).
- Enjoy with a whole wheat bun or Arnold Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins.