Servings: 4 large pieces
Calories per serving: 220 calories
- 3 whole-wheat Arnold Sandwich Thins (or similar product)
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained well (pat between paper towels)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 chicken sausages, diced (I prefer Trader Joe's Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage)
- 1/4 cup 2% mozzarella cheese
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Spray an 8x8 inch glass pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat eggs and egg whites together in large bowl and add 3/4 cup milk, spinach, onions and dash of salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Cover bottom of the pan with 1 and 1/2 Arnold Thins (3 slices) and pour in egg mixture
- Evenly distribute chopped chicken sausage and mozzarella cheese.
- Place remaining 1 and 1/2 Arnold Thins on top to cover the area and pour remaining 1/4 cup of milk over bread to moisten. Using the back of a spoon, push down on the bread to continue to moisten the bread.
- Cover and put in the fridge overnight.
- Cook uncovered for 35 minutes at 350 degrees or until the eggs are firm.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving and add salsa or sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.