Quinoa with Cranberries, Pine Nuts and Basil
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, roasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 T olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: parmesan or feta cheese, walnuts, chopped red onions
- Combine rinsed quinoa and chicken broth in a pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, turn down heat, cover and let simmer for about 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Mix cranberries, basil, pine nuts, olive oil, salt and pepper with cooked quinoa.
- Taste and add more ingredients if desired. Throw in optional ingredients to spice it up!