- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1 bag raw spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup cheese (ex. parmesan, goat, feta)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional veggies: diced tomatoes, zucchini, carrots, corn, peppers, celery, etc
- Combine rinsed quinoa and chicken broth in a pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn down heat, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil to heated pan and saute veggies until soft.
- Add cooked vegetables to quinoa and top with cheese, salt and pepper.
This recipe is full of "umami" which means savoriness due to the mushrooms, parmesan cheese and tomatoes if added.